Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1st week in NIE

One term (term 2) of contract teaching and a 4-week Enhanced School Experience has passed so quickly. Now, I am into my first week of lessons in NIE. Many experienced teachers has told me, the stay in NIE will be the best time throughout the whole teaching career. When I got my timetable, I really doubt what they said. Perhaps, it was due to my curriculum subject combination (CS1=D&T and CS2=Lower Sec Maths).

The first lecture of PGDE was a maths lecture. The hall was so packed and I saw all the unfamiliar faces, except a few who are having the same subject combination as me. As usual, it is difficult to make new friends in LT.

On Tuesday, we had Educational Psychology I. It was held in a tutorial room with only about 20+ of us. After one round of self introduction, we realised that most of us were from D&T. Not sure if the programme office arranged it purposely. The class consists of people from ALL WALKS OF LIFE ranging from fresh grads from the university to mid career professionals out in the market for more than 10 years.

ICT for Engaged Learning was held on Wednesday (30/7). Heard from the other group that one of the questions we had to answer was why we choose to become a teacher. I have been answering this so many times ever since I started my teaching career. This lecturer (not gg to mention his name) looks fierce. Anyway, if we behave as TEACHERS and not STUDENTS, the journey throughout this module should be pretty smooth sailing.

Today (Thurs, 31/7), I should not be having any lessons for the first month. However, received an SMS late last night from Chitra (GESL group member) asking for help to make the cape at the NIE canteen today at 1030. Shall stop here as I need to get prepared to go to NIE.

No comments: